Wednesday, April 13, 2016

HAPPY SCRAPPERS AT THE ATTIC WINDOW QUILT SHOP

 The Happy Scrappers met Wednesday at the Attic Window Quilt Shop.  Above Lee Anne shows us what she worked on that day.  What a beautiful charity quilt this will make!
 We can't see the English Paper Piecing that Diana worked on because it is so small.  Diana likes working with small items and does an excellent job of it.  I wish I had her patience.
 Mary G. worked on this lovely quilt.  She said she bought all the fabrics at the Attic Window.  I don't usually work with blues, but I really like this one.  Hope she will bring it back for show-n-tell when it is finished.  Mary is a long arm quilter and I'm sure this quilt will be stunning.
Peggy shows all the paper pieced blocks she made that day...well, maybe she didn't make all of them on Wednesday, but she is really making progress on this quilt. Seeing her blocks makes me want to make another one of these quilts.
I worked on making some placemats for my DIL but forgot to take a picture.  I'll show you once I have the binding on.  After that I practiced on my machine applique.  I need a lot more practice at this. But I am finding it fun, which surprises me since I have always preferred my freezer paper method.

DON'T FORGET:
  • Search For The Stars Shop started Thursday, April 14 and runs through April 23.  The Attic Window Quilt Shop and ten other shops are participating.  Get in on the fun.  Purchase your passport for only $5.  You will get a free star pattern at each participating shop that you visit.  All full priced merchandise is 16% off.  All stores will be open until 7 p.m. on Thursday and Friday evenings.  Prize drawings will be held for all those who visit all eleven shops.   See you there!
NEW AT THE ATTIC WINDOW QUILT SHOP!
  • A new Batik BOM is starting on Monday, May 16 at 2-4 or 6-8.  This BOM will last nine months.  The charge of $30/month includes fabric and patterns.
  • A new Bee Hive (Bee In The Attic) will be starting.  Organizational meeting Wednesday, April 27th at 10 a.m. Come one come all!  Go here for more information. 
MARK YOUR CALENDAR NOW:
  • Stitch In - Saturday, April 16
Be sure and check the calendar on the Sidebar for more happenings at the Attic Window Quilt Shop this week.

ON ANOTHER NOTE:
 ♥ Caroll, 
Caring , Sharing and Creating Smiles

2 comments:

Lynn said...

Looks like so much fun! On average, how many come regularly to your scrap group? Just curious.

Allie-oops Designs said...

FUN! But tiny things - I wish I had the dexterity to work on something that small! I've been thinking I'd love to do dollhouse-sized things, but I'd bleed all over them. Glad you're enjoying your machine applique!

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo