Monday, October 20, 2014

MAKE A FOUR-PATCH WITH VICKIE

Vickie S. held her 4-Patch Strip class today at the Attic Window Quilt Shop.  I took a picture of one of these fabulous instruction boards that she creates for her classes.
Above, Vickie explains each step in our block-making process.  I couldn't figure out where it got the name four-patch.  I thought it looked like a nine patch to me.  Then Vickie showed me that you sew four patches together and then you slice and insert.  This is a fun block to make.
 Above Rosa shows us her first block.
 Donna shows us her block.
 Diana made a block too.
 Peggy shows us her block.
 We were productive during this all day class.  Above Rosa irons her many blocks.
 And Peggy is busy sewing her blocks.
And Peggy is busy sewing her blocks.

 Donna had to leave early, but the rest of us stayed way past end of class making more blocks. We were having such a good time we didn’t want to stop. You can tell I’m tired.  I have lots of pictures and not much to say.  I’m just too tired to write a lot about this fun class. 

I just realized I never even took pictures of my blocks and I’m way too tired to go dig them out of the bags in my sewing room. You can see my blocks and more of some of the other student's blocks as we are going to use them to make a bag with Lee Anne during her Bag class on Saturday. 

DON’T FORGET:
  • Pineapple Ruler, Wednesday, Oct. 22, 10-4.
  • CANCELLED.  Vickie’s finishing class for her spiral lone star quilt that was scheduled for Thursday, Oct. 9, has been cancelled and RESCHEDULED for Thursday, Oct. 23, 10 a.m.
  • London City Bag, Saturday, Oct. 25, 10 a.m.
  • Shop Swap CHANGE OF DATE– Attic Window Quilt Shop and Quilted Memories – New Date: Sunday, Nov. 9 and Nov. 23, from 12-4 p.m.
  • Check the calendar on the Sidebar for more classes being held this month.
ANOTHER NOTE:  What little boy wouldn’t love to have this?  Creating My Way To Success has a tutorial for the cutest monster pencil case.

Until next time,
Stay Creative,


Caroll

4 comments:

best10reviews said...

Hello its really wonderful knowledgeable..Give more good things. we are providing these type of services We now provide entire communications solution to businesses. Regional IT became the first Microsoft cloud accelerate partner outside an Australian capital city. If you want to know more about this services please click here
Managed Services

Jill said...

I bought a 4-patch pattern at the AQS quilt show this summer. I probably could have winged it. These are very nice and appear to go together quickly. I like Vickie's instruction board.

Annie said...

I love how fun these blocks look. I simply must have a quilt with those blocks, so my to do list grows! I'm anxious to see how your bags turn out.

Lynn said...

Wow! Those blocks all look great! I'm definitely putting this one on my list of things to make.

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo