Tuesday, October 28, 2014

APPLIQUE BEE AND SOME SHOW-N-TELL

The Applique Bee met Tuesday afternoon at the Attic Window Quilt Shop.  Above, Mary Ellen shows us the quilt that she is just finishing for her niece Becky, who is expecting her first baby.  The quilt is a strippy nine patch.  There is something about those 30s fabrics.  They are so fresh and clean looking!
Gerry shows us her latest scrappy quilt.  Gerry does wonders with scraps.  This is a friendship star inside a friendship star.  She said the pattern was for a wallhanging, but she added the sashings and made a lap quilt.  Beautiful!
It was lost but now it’s found.  I got home from sewing at the shop the other day and was so tired that I didn’t unload my bags until Sunday.  That was when I realized that the cute little thread catcher that Rosa gave me was not to be found.  I panicked.  Where is it?  Today when I went to the Bee I discovered it sitting on the table where I had left it.  Wheeee!  Thank you Rosa for this cute little thread catcher.  I love it.
I made a collage of those attending the Applique Bee.  Above, left, Lee Anne works on her Grandmother’s Flower Garden.  Middle, Erma joined us and worked on her Whimsical Garden.  Top right, Diana works on her tatting.  Bottom right, Cathy does machine appliqué. 

Sitting and sewing with fellow quilters is always so much fun!  This is an open Bee and anyone can join us at any time, however, we probably won’t meet again until January as this Bee and the Mod Squad are scheduled to meet the days before Thanksgiving and Christmas.  I feel certain everyone will be very busy on those two days.  Chris said the shop will be open and anyone can drop by and sit for a while and sew if they have the time. 

DON’T FORGET
:
  • T-Shirt Dress, Friday, Nov. 7
  • Beginning Tatting, Wednesday, Nov 5, 6-8; or Monday, Nov 10, 10-12.
  • Shop Swap – Attic Window Quilt Shop and Quilted Memories – New Date: Sunday, Nov. 9 and Nov. 23, from 12-4 p.m.
  • Beginning Quilting, Tuesday, Nov. 11, 6 p.m.
  • The Jingle Bell Hop is Nov 14 through 22.  Mark your calendar now.  With the purchase of your $5 passport you will receive a free pattern.  Each participating shop has designed an exclusive ornament that you may purchase as well as a table topper kit designed to compliment the free pattern.  Participating shops will have extended evening shopping hours for your convenience.
  • New Classes coming in November. Check the calendar on the Sidebar.  You can see a full month at a glance by clicking on the picture of a calendar.  Or you can scroll down the interactive calendar day by day.  If you have any questions about a class you can call the shop for further details and/or to register.
ANOTHER NOTE
Until next time,

Stay Calm! Stay Kind! Stay Positive!
Caroll

5 comments:

sue said...

I enjoy your blog, Carroll, thanks for the work in posting so often. I don't ever see a sidebar with the calendar. I've used my laptop and my iPad and don't see it on either device. Any ideas? Thanks, Sue

West Michigan Quilter said...

Sue, I have no way to contact you. I'll do a post soon on your comment. Are you receiving my blog via Email? If so, all you need to do is click on the title and it will take you to the full blog and then you can see the sidebar. Lots of good stuff there. Let me know if it works. Caroll

Lynn said...

Love that double friendship star!

Barb said...

Glad you found your thread catcher...can be maddening when you can't find something.

Allie said...

Ooh what gorgeous quilts - I too love the 30's fabrics! Amazing how they still look so fresh when they're from so long ago. Really glad you found your thread catcher!

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo