Tuesday, September 9, 2014

A HAPPY SCRAPPER QUILT

When I was getting ready for my meeting this week at the Attic Window Quilt Shop with the Happy Scrappers, I decided to work on some paper piecing blocks.  First, I had to decide how many more blocks I needed.  I’d been working on this quilt for over a year.  Surely I had enough blocks by now…or only needed to make a few more.  So, I laid out the blocks to see if the quilt was going to be big enough, or did I need to make more blocks.
Of course, these blocks are only placed side by side and are not sewn.  I first posted about this quilt here.
I loved making these blocks during my time at Happy Scrappers because I can sew and talk to my quilting friends at the same time. I think I have enough blocks now and will start sewing them together.  I’m going to love this scrappy quilt.

DON’T FORGET:
  • To mark your calendar for the West Michigan Quilters’ Build Quilts on the Grand.  The date is October 3 – 5 at the DeltaPlex Arena. 
ANOTHER NOTE
Patchwork Posse has a tutorial for an adorable shark pillow.

Until next time,

Stay Calm! Stay Kind! Stay Positive!
Caroll

4 comments:

Denice Barker said...

It just sparkles!

Lynn said...

Ditto - it does sparkle!

Nancy Page said...

Stunning!! What else can I say, this quilt is gorgeous!! Well done!! Thank you for sharing!

Have a super great sewing and stitching day!!

Jill said...

So pretty. Bright and cheerful.

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo