Monday, April 14, 2014

HAPPY SCRAPPERS - MORE WORK ON LONE STAR

The Happy Scrappers met Saturday at the Attic Window Quilt Shop and a fun time was had by all.  It will take me a couple of days to tell you all about it.  Vickie once again provided us with detailed instructions as to how to proceed with our Lone Star Swirl Quilt.
 Above she demonstrates how we should put the diamonds and squares together.  She will be starting another class on how to make this Lone Star Swirl quilt.  Watch the calendar for upcoming dates and times.
Here she helps Judi place her diamonds and arcs on a wall board, deciding which colors look best where.
Here is what they came up with.  This is going to be a stunning quilt.
As is this one!  This is Diana’s quilt.  She placed it on her wall board so I could get a picture.
Vickie is so helpful and demonstrates each step we need to follow.  Above she shows Peggy how to block a diamond.  I was so lucky because I was way behind in that step and while I was working on my arcs Vickie continued her demos and blocked all my diamonds for me!  Thank so much Vickie!
We had some show and share that day too.  Above Nancy shows us her lovely Lone Star quilt that she had made several years ago.
Val showed us her scrap jar quilt.  Check out that cute little frog in the top right corner.
This is Val’s Sweet Shop quilt.
This is a close up of Val’s appliquéd chocolates and the cute little spider.  Tomorrow  I’ll tell you something else Val did.
This photo shows us working away!  It was so nice to see Stephanie!  It makes us feel so good and wanted when someone spends an hour on the road to come sew with us.  We appreciate that! You can read more about Stephanie by going to the Great Lakes Modern Guild Blog
This is such a fun group to spend the day with.  Above JanaLee, Cathy, and Rosa have a good laugh!

Hope you will come visit tomorrow when I’ll share more of the Happy Scrapper’s antics!  If I get permission I’ll show you the handsome man who stopped by that day.

ON ANOTHER NOTE:  I love this quilt and it seems fitting that I should link to something scrappy today.  Fabric Therapy has a tutorial for a Strippy Scrappy Flippy Happy block!

Also:  Check out Bejeweled Quilts to find a link to a fabric Easter Basket Pattern. 

Until next time,

Stay Calm! Stay Kind! Stay Positive!
Caroll

2 comments:

Lynn said...

I've seen lots of bug jar quilts, but this is the first candy jar quilt I've seen. Very cute! Looks like everyone had a great time.

Mama Pea said...

It was a really fun day. Thanks to you and all the girls for always making me feel so welcome!

lkjlkj

Attic Window Teachers

Attic Window Teachers
Attic Window Teachers

Quilting for Kids With Cancer

Quilting for Kids With Cancer
Generosity has no bounds. Above are the women in the Quilts For Kids group at the Attic Window Quilt Shop. Left to right, Henrietta, Phyllis, Nancy, Carol, Karen. These women donate their time, fabric, money once a month to make quilts for kids who have cancer.

Quilts For Wheels

Quilts For Wheels
Many thanks and much appreciation goes to the women who work diligently each month to make quilts for those in wheel chairs. Kudos go to: Yvonne, Mary T., Fran, Joan, Mary Ellen, Barb, Lee Ann, Nancy, Mary.
Quilting Bloggers Logo